Thursday, April 14, 2011

My major minor

I told you to stop and your voice kept on wrangling.
I read you a story and your heart stopped pounding.
I breathed and you bled.
I screamed and you found.
The hole that you dug grabbed everything and nothing.
I searched like I had seen.
My premonitions were my dreams.  My dreams were as tangible as my driving.  Of course it seemed otherwise but you steered off road.
Complacency set you free for the moment.
You cried the tears of refuge and begged for all answers.
When you awoke, there was nothing but smoke and shame.
I criss-cross your eyes and dot your toes.
The jinks of the janks have kept you subdued but now that you are broken - I brand you: subservient.
Good luck in your travels and fear only the beast.
You speak as if you were angled when all they see is this perfect circle.
I bow to you just like the others - out of discipline and societal reasoning.
Never will I succumb to this eternal death.
The only ones that really die are the ones that lose their shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment