Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The house of the house of the house of

I walked along the dirt path and looked for quartz stone.  He told me The quartz stone was precious.  I was so lucky.  Every step that I took I saw what I thought was quartz all around me.  Every time I took this path it was the same thing - Quartz.  I walked back the same path to the house.  The house is in sight now and I feel safe.  I am not alone anymore.  My rocks are with me but they serve only as glory.  They do not hold any protection.  I am looking for you.

I was wondering if you would like to come teach me how to roller skate on the porch.  You Velcro my skates around my shoes.  The little switch on the bottom allows me to be known or not to be.  You always let me ride with the cling.  I was known.  I was known to me and you and it mattered.  That porch served as years and years of purpose.  I can never remember a time where we couldn't all fit on the swing, no matter how many of us there were.  I watched you water the flowers.  You watered them until it was dusk.  Every time I water my garden, I think that I am slighting them.  The amount of time that you tend to your greens - I am falling short.  The other side of the porch served as a kitchen where I made things that only we knew how to eat.  It took a stomach made of one hundred stomachs to digest our recipes.

There was a bus that used to take you across our country.  It sat in the brush.
There were acres and acres of the apple orchard.
There was a cherry tree that we could reach from the door that fell to the patio.
There were grape vines that we were forbidden to eat from.
There were berry bushes.  PLENTIFUL berry bushes.  Raspberries, strawberries, BLUEBERRIES.
There was an apricot tree that we climbed.  I never saw an apricot grow but you said that there were apricots when it first arrived.  That means there were.  I just happened to miss it.  I don't like apricots too much anyway so I am not disappointed.

We had our rocks.  Our special rocks that we sat on and one was royalty.  We never proclaimed this.  It was just known.  I never did not sit upon this rock - ever.  Not because I'm better but because that's just how it was.  I was the eldest and I owned it.  I would let people sit on the bottom lip of the queen rock and that's where they remained.  Never would they cross the line and challenge me.  There would never be any hoisting for little ones.  I ruled over this kingdom and I knew it.  I played it cool though.  I didn't want to "Hitler the place".  I wanted them to feel like they had a choice in the matter.

They didn't.  They were there but they were just existing...passing time.  I was living it.  I lived every moment and breathed only the air that went through numerous inspections and was placed before me.  It was the air that was meant to be there.  There are few memories that I have in my life that sucks me back into the moment and I am swept away.  I am on that rock.  I have no fear or need to compete.  I just know that this is where I am allowed and this is my spot.

My hand touched the outside of the home.  My hand was hugged by every inch.  You built this with your own hands.  I felt your imprint with every hand I placed upon this house.  This house was not just a structure, this house was a home.  Our families soul was enraptured.  I feel it in my dreams and I can't shake it.  You and you and you are always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment